10 Things About... Oxytocin
1. Oxytocin is the hormone produced during love making, birth and breastfeeding
2. Oxytocin is made in the brain and is released into the blood stream
3. Oxytocin causes uterine contractions. It increases 10 times at the point of birth. It aids in the placenta being born and the uterus returning to shape.
4. Oxytocin can be realeased before and during labour with cuddling, love making and nipple stimulation
5.Oxytocin causes calm, feeling of connections and switches on a mothers instincts and behaviors
6. Oxytocin puts a birthing woman in a Theta frequency which is a deep level of consciousness known as "being in labour land"
7. Oxytocin increased in baby as labour progresses and helps baby bond with mommy
8. Oxytocin kicks in especially during second trimester which may increase a woman's sexual drive and feelings of happiness
9. Oxytocin promotes breastfeeding and bonding with your baby
10. Synthetic Oxytocin does not cross the brain/blood barrier and will decrease the natural production needed at birth